I’m happy to report that Dancing on a Blue Cat seemed to get me unstuck, and I’ve been happily painting ever since. I love waking up in the morning to a partially completed project, so I can start playing with it right away but not actually have to get over the dreaded hump of starting something new. I started this one with no plan. I had drawn the girl’s face, and Karlie told me to add a monkey to the other side, so I did. The flowers were an experiment with oil pastels. I found that the black mixed with the colors as I tried to fill in the flowers, making kind of a murky mixture that I didn’t care for. Lesson learned: don’t put down black first! This piece is a combination of oil pastels, water color, acrylic paint, water soluble colored pencil, regular colored pencil, and water soluble crayons. I love the water soluble crayons. They were one of the first art supplies I bought over a year ago, and whenever I’m not happy with a background, they add just the right finishing touch.